...uh...jogging. I believe it's jogging or yogging. It might be a soft "j". I'm not sure. But apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.
I hate to admit this because it's embarrassing, but when we first started trying this new fad a couple months ago I was only able to run 2 miles on the treadmill and it would take me about 30 minutes. Mark on the other hand was doing great. After a few weeks I was able to do 3 miles in 35 minutes. Still not good, but an improvement. So I waited another couple of weeks until I could run those 3 miles on the treadmill without wanting to die. And then Mark and I decided it was time to run outside and see how much harder that was going to be. And guess what? We actually ran 4.5 miles outdoors in about 45 minutes! And there were hills! We were so proud of ourselves.
My knees have always bothered me whenever I would go running (or even hiking), but as soon as I got past that 3 mile mark it was like BAM! My knees were killing me. Ever since that run my knees have never been the same. They now hurt when I walk, ride my bike, and even when I'm just sitting down. How do you get rid of runner's knee? Any help would be greatly appreciated. But that's not important...I got distracted from the story.
Anyway, we were proud of ourselves after that 4.5 mile run outside, like I said. So we've kept up with the whole yogging thing sometimes running on the treadmill and sometimes running outdoors. Last week I realized that I was actually enjoying this whole jogging thing. Weird. I was looking forward to running?
Yesterday we decided to run outside on this trail across the street from our apartment. It's a pretty cool trail. When we got to the point where we would normally get off the trail and head back home we decided we'd keep going because we just weren't tired and we were having fun (even though I had to run with no music because my ipod was dead). So we made our way to this other trail that we sometimes run on and made that loop back to our place. It was a great run. It was relaxing, fun, and a workout! When we got home we realized that we ran 6.26 miles!! Wow. I wonder if we'll be able to run that again.
I hope we can keep up this jogging or yogging thing. It really is pretty wild.
6 comments:
Its addicting!!! I hope you knee gets better I have the same deal. If you find anything that works please share!!!
Yogging....thats hilarious!! Keep up the good work!!
yogging...i lol-ed! I love yogging outside too. We live in the best place for it too! There are trails in the mountain our house sits on and it's beautiful! If you ever want to go yogging in Utah, come visit us! Although, I haven't done it for awhile. I could watch you from my window though. Hmmm, time for me to get into the groove again! Thanks for the motivation!
I love that you both are yogging!! I hate using a treadmill - way more fun outside - and you have quickly built up your mileage - way to go! Take care of your knee though - you don't want to do permanent harm to it. I love you crazy kids!! Mom C.
I was totally ready for a new fad called having kids, I was really expecting that. But good for you, that is awesome I think. I walked a mile yesterday and was proud of myself. I could do way more (walking that is, I don't run) but I have some friends that are only able to do one. So since I thought you were on the topic of kids when are they coming? Or do you not want any for like 10 years?
Wow... i am not a runner... jogger... yogger (lol that was good) That is awesome! I keep telling myself I'll do it some time... Maybe after the baby is born :) Maybe! 6.26 miles is awesome!! Good for you!
Post a Comment