Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our Amazing Vacay

***WARNING***
This is a very long post!
***************************************************************************************************************************************
It started off in San Martin, Ca. (And if you are anything like me, you have no idea where that is. It's a tiny place by Gilroy. If you still don't know where Gilroy is, it's about 40 minutes from San Francisco...I think.) Anyways, we spent Saturday, Sunday, and Monday at the Corde Valle Resort with Mark's family (minus Amy, Kate, & Tyler...we missed you!) We just relaxed, enjoyed each others company, some enjoyed golfing, others enjoyed the spa and got a massage, we hiked around the resort, Mark & I worked out with Mama C one morning (she is a workout queen by the way), and we had quite the experience at dinner one night (6 course meal: Tuna Tar Tar in Organic Tomato Water, Foie Gras with Peach Chutney, Dover Sole with some sort of sauce, veggies, & truffle, Salmon with some sort of sauce and veggies, Proscuitto wrapped Short Ribs with some sort of corn mix, Raisen bread with an assortment of Cheeses & Honey Truffle, and all the wine that you wanted -- we stuck with the water though). For some reason we only took pictures of the house we stayed in and I don't feel like posting those right now.
From there we went to Lake Tahoe to spend the rest of the week with my family.
My dad, Clinton, Mark, and I hiked Horsetails Falls one morning. It might be my favorite hike. Here is the before picture:

This is a map of the hike. You can either do the loop that's called Pyramid Creek or go for the gold and go all the way up to Avalanche Lake. It may say difficult and danger, but it's worth it!

A few pictures from the hike up to Avalanche Lake.


These are at the top at Avalanche Lake.


Here is the after picture:

And another after picture with our exhausted faces:

And now a few pictures of everyone hanging out at the condo. My dad sleeping with Sophia, Elise watching Enchanted (I think we watched that movie 4 times), cute Cassie (one of the only times she smiled at me) , and the girls showing off Mark's beautiful hair that they did.


There were baby raccoons playing in a tree just outside our condo one night. They were very cute!

We went on another hike to Skunk Harbor. It's a very short hike, but really cool. The trail takes you down to this old mansion that this rich guy had built for his wife as a wedding gift. It is such a cool house and it's right on the lake.

These were the best pictures I could get of the house without getting my camera wet (it was raining).

Our condo was a 1/2 mile from the lake so Mark and I walked down there one evening to take some pictures and watch the sunset.


One of the MANY pictures we took of the sunset.

We heart Tahoe.

For those of you who actually read everything...thumbs up to you. I don't think I would have been able to do it.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bacchus Family said...

Clinton showed us some of the hiking pictures. It looks so pretty but I'm sure Chad would have had to drag me up part of that trail.

Serenity said...

Wow! THAT'S a trip! That looks like a blast. That hike looks really awesome! I love the mark's hair do :)