Sunday, May 9, 2010

lately...

So it's been a while since I've posted anything. Although, it hasn't been as long as it has been since Clinton and Marga have posted anything. Should we start making bets on how long it will take to see something new from them? I think that would be fun. I say it wont be until after Christmas. What do you think?

Anyways, for those who don't know I started my new job 3 weeks ago. I watch my friends little 3 month old boy every Monday-Friday while her and husband are at work. I've done a LOT of babysitting since Mark and I have moved to Laguna Niguel, but it's been a while since I've really been around a 3 month old. I forgot how much attention they need. I feel like I stay pretty darn busy all day feeding him, changing diapers, rocking him to sleep, helping him play with his toys, trying to help him roll over, and then just holding him because he really prefers to be held. Now I'm not complaining about any of that at all. He's a cutie!! And so far so good. He's still alive.

Before I started babysitting I didn't really have a whole lot going on during the day. I would have a few hair appointments here and there and then I did some babysitting a couple days a week. But I also had plenty of time to clean, do laundry, go grocery shopping, blog, get dinner started, and do whatever else I needed and wanted to do. So by the time Mark came home from work we went to straight outside for a run and then back to our apartment or the gym at our complex to lift a few weights. Then I was able to finish dinner, we would eat, enjoy some t.v. then go to bed. Now, I'm gone from 7:30am to about 5:45pm. So when I get home I want to do those things that I didn't get to do during the day. And by the time I'm finished I normally just want to go to bed. So I hate to admit this, but I have only worked out 2 times in the past 3 weeks. How in the world do you working people find time to workout? I got up at 5am one morning and worked out before I had to leave. I was actually pretty surprised at how easy it was for me to workout that early. But by noon I was so tired that I got so grouchy and every little thing bothered me. I thought that I would get used to it though and I set my alarm once again for 5am to get up the next morning. When that alarm went off I didn't even hesitate to turn it off and say "Nope, I'm not getting up. I like my sleep too much. I'd rather get sleep than stay in shape." Blah. Hopefully I'll be able to figure this out cause I actually enjoy working out.

So I turned 23 last Saturday. I know it's really not that old, but I kind of feel old. Weird. Anyway, we didn't really do much to celebrate. Mark had to work. But we went out to eat later that night when he got home. Nothing special though, just Baja Fresh. We're really not into celebrating birthdays though. At least I'm not. I don't think Mark is...I hope he's not cause I've never really made a big stink about his birthday before. To me it's just another day. Whatev. Anyways, I got a sewing machine for my birthday!! I'm very excited. I haven't used a sewing machine since 8th grade Home Ec though. So wish me luck.

Normally I'm not a huge fan of blog posts that don't have any pictures (no offense to those of you who do that. pictures just catch my attention more than words i guess). But I really don't have any exciting pictures. Sorry. Maybe next time.

Oh and Happy Mother's Day!!!

2 comments:

cameron and brook said...

i dont know i think maybe next year on the clinton and marga post.

Tiffany A. said...

It's very hard to find time to do all your normal household chores and workout when you are working all day 5 days a week! Believe me, I'm still trying to figure it out...then throw some kids in the mix and it gets even harder.
Let me know if you figure out the seceret.