Friday, January 14, 2011

The Story:
It all started at about 1:30 am on Thursday.  I woke up and just did not feel right.  So I finally called the doctor's office around 9 am and asked if how I was feeling was normal.  After giving the nurse a description of what was going on with me she tells me I'm in the early stages of labor, but that could last a week before I actually went into real labor to have the baby.  We figured that we had time on our side and didn't think much of it, but I took it easy all day just to play it safe. I may have taken it a little too easy since Mark asked before he left for work that I pack my hospital bag that day and I did not. Oops. I was finally feeling a little better when Mark got home from work, but because I hadn't packed my bag while he was at work, we packed a hospital bag together for when we were at red alert.  We packed about 2 things and decided to go to bed instead since it was almost 10 pm.  So I stood up to brush my teeth and "Thundercats Ho!"  My water broke.  Now we really needed to pack that hospital bag.  We got to the hospital at 11 pm and I was dilated to a 4.  A few hours later I finally got an epidural (best thing ever invented) and I was golden.  At about 8 am on Friday I was dilated to a 10 and ready to push!  It took over an hour of pushing, but Cletus the Fetus finally made his big debut 2 weeks early!

Owen John Crockett
Friday, January 7, 2011
9:48 am
7 pounds 3 ounces
20 inches



Dressed and ready to leave the hospital and go home!

The alligator that Meme and Dude got for Owen tried to eat him.  He wasn't a fan.  

We gave him his first bath at home and he did pretty well as long as he had his plug in his mouth.  He loves that thing.  
Mark is the best dad.  He loves cuddling with little Owen!  

I know this was a picture overload, but we can't help it that our kid is ridiculously good looking.

14 comments:

Tom Crockett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom Crockett said...

Great job capturing this most blessed event in your lives. Love the narrative and the photos. He is adorable and I am not biased at all.

Linda Kelly said...

Thanks for all the pictures of this cutie. Glad he is healthy and in a loving home. You are lucky parents. Try and get some sleep now!!

Meghan said...

You can't have picture overload when it comes to babies! Love seeing the pictures!

Anne and Brookie said...

He is SO CUTE...what a stud! Thanks for posting pictures.

Me said...

Congrats you guys! He IS ridiculously good looking! So fun!

The Kelly Family said...

Congrats! He is adorable. We can't wait to meet him. The girls are all standing around me going "Awww! He is so cute!" Love his little monkey. Maybe we will trade you for him. Want Cassidy?

Nic & Kandis said...

You're right, little Owen is ridiculously good looking :) What a cutie! Enjoy being a mommy.

Gibson Family said...

Congratulations...he is super cute.

Kristin Rose said...

What a cutie pie! Enjoy the precious moments of your new little one. They grow up so fast. Love the name too!

Maegan Alme said...

He is SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! Congrats Shalon!! And thanks for your advice, I will definitely give relaxing a try. Congrats again!

Tiffany A. said...

Congrats!! He is soooo adorable!! So happy the birth went so well! Wasn't the feeling of your water breaking weird?? That was such a strange feeling for me.

Serenity said...

I am so happy for you! Congratulations, and yes, he is ridiculously good looking :) He is so beautiful! (is that ok to use for a boy?)

I can't believe you pushed for over an hour! Wow! I'm glad he's here and that he is all safe and sound. Now I hope that you start getting sleep soon :)

Alexis said...

Congrats Shalon & Mark. He is a cutie, but amazingly, they get cuter. I hope all is well and you guys are transitioning to life with 3.