Sunday, April 13, 2008

it's been 1 year already!

Apparently the modern day 1 year anniversary gift is a clock. So we bought ourselves a clock and we love it!



We went to Crescent Bay on Friday and I watched Mark skimboard. It was his first try.



Mark surprised me with these beautiful flowers!! I LOVE THEM!



Saturday morning we headed to Santa Monica. We checked into our hotel then went to the 3rd street promenade where they had all sorts of fun things. The snake in the pictures is 16ft long. I want a pet snake.

Here we have Miss Consuela (the bearded dragon), an ugly spider that mark held, a cute 9 year old tortoise, and a sea lion that was relaxing on a boat by the pier.


They had ropes to climb, balance beams, rings, parallel bars and all sorts of stuff on the beach here so Mark climbed the rope. And I tried on a hat that made me think of Marga.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Crockett Family said...

Happy 1st anniversary you guys! Say goodbye to the newly wed stage! We miss ya! Come visit!!

Bacchus Family said...

Your right, that is so a Marga hat. I can totally picture her in that hat.

Nic & Kandis said...

Happy 1 year! It really does fly by doesn't it!!!

The Kelly Family said...

Happy Anniversary!! Time does by fly fast! The green shirt Ryan wore at your wedding is one of his favorite shirts. He wears it to work all the time, and his co-workers tease him cause its so bright!

Becky said...

I want a pet snake too! You know that's all thanks to you and your family...

Kim Stierle said...

Its been a year already!? Thats Crazy! Time flies when you're having fun i guess!

Clint and Meg said...

Hi Shalon - Yes we are loving San Diego so far. We haven't done much exploring yet though. You will have to come visit since you aren't too far away.

Tiffany A. said...

Just wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!